Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Nyíregyháza {Informative Writing}

by Laci, 6th grade

Nyiregyháza is a city in northeastern Hungary and the county capital of Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg.

History

 Nyíregyháza is a very old city. I think Nyiregyháza’s most famous place is the Sóstó Zoo. It has more than 500 species of  animals. In Nyíregyháza there are 4 important churches: the Lutheran, the Reformed and two Catholic churches (Roman and Greek).

The inhabitants of the town took an active part in the revolution and war for independence in 1848-49, and after the suppression of the revolution several citizens were imprisoned, among them the mayor, Márton Hatzel.

Nyíregyháza’s population is 118,000. It is the seventh-largest city in Hungary!

Why I like Nyíregyháza

I like Nyíregyháza cause I was born here and I live here. My favourite place is Sóstó Lake and the forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment